The organizers can be reached at CTNTsummer@uconn.edu.
Directions to UConn, Storrs campus:
Directions via Google maps.
From the West (heading from New York):
- Take Interstate 84 East to Exit 68.
- From exit, turn right onto Route 195, 7 miles to UConn.
- Turn right on North Eagleville Road.
Please note: GPS devices may recommend to follow Route 44 and take Bone Mill Road. Do not turn onto Bone Mill Road; follow Route 44 further and turn right either on Discovery Drive or on Route 195. The Storrs campus is 1.5 miles on the right.
From the East (heading from Boston toward Hartford):
- Take Interstate 84 West to Exit 68.
- From exit, turn left onto Route 195, and follow directions above.
From the Southeast (heading from Rhode Island):
- Take Interstate 95 to 395 North.
- Take Exit 81 West to Route 32 North.
- Follow Route 32 North to Willimantic.
- In town, turn right and go over the frog bridge.
- Continue straight through the light and follow 195 North for 8 miles to campus.
- Turn left on North Eagleville Road.
Registered participants will receive a message from organizers with instructions on how to obtain a permit for the weekdays of the program. During the weekends, parking is free in Lot 9, which is the outdoor parking lot next to the Lodewick Visitors Center. This is the parking lot closest to the where talks will take place.
Here is a list of shortcuts to the most important locations on the map:
- Garrigus Suites (GSRH) where participants using dorm housing will stay.
- Pharmacy/Biology Building (PBB) where the Summer School will be, in rooms PBB 129 & 131, Monday through Thursday.
- Biology/Physics Building (BPB) where the Conference will take place, in rooms BPB 130 & 131, Friday through Sunday.
- Laurel Hall (LH) where the movie will be shown on Friday night, in room LH 102, at 7:45pm.
- Alumni Center (ALUM) where the banquet will take place on Saturday, 7-9pm.
- Student Union (SU) where there is a food court, open from 7:30am to 2:30pm.
- Downtown Storrs where a number of restaurants can be found.
- Food court at the Student Union: the “Union Street Market“. Located at the Student Union (SU in the printable map above).
- A guide of Storrs restaurants.
- Other nearby options (see Google map below).
- Storrs Center has a variety of restaurants, shops, and services. See StorrsCenter.com for a map and more info (scroll down for a map with restaurants, etc.)
- One bed in a double occupancy dorm, $35/night (standard option for all supported participants)
- One single room in the dorm $52/night
- Nathan Hale Inn (on campus) $188-209/night (contact us for the possibility of getting a lower rate)
- Tolland Inn (8 miles north) $99/night + tax and up. The price includes breakfast.
- Best Western Regent Inn (6 miles south) $90/night + tax and up. The price includes breakfast.